We are in Week 3 of the iGEM project.
<calendar> name=IGEM:IMPERIAL/2007/Calendar date = 2007/08/01 view=threemonths format=%name/%year-%month-%day weekstart=7 </calendar>
The debrief began with a sum up of the week and days activities. Issues that were raised are described below.
Dependencies and Activities
- Over the weekend every group should come up with a list of dependencies and activities to allow a team schedule to be made. This should allow us to plan individual and group work loads, and in addition show any areas of overlap between groups.
- This is scheduled to begin next week, with the focus now on educating everyone about the new areas of the project, i.e. cell free expression.
- We need to try to choose a name and a logo. Once this has been deliberated we need to order T shirts for the team members.
- Need to get in touch with Tom Millar from MIT and brief him on our proposed projects to try to increase our publicity.
- In addition, need to try to arrange a meeting with the other British IGEM teams.
- Make a list of names for airplane tickets for MIT and consider which days we want to fly there and fly back.
- Need to sort out any visa's that we may need to fly to America.
- A big issued raised is to try to start every day at 9am sharp. After discussion, we became aware that once labs begin, we will be required to come in around 8.30 so that we can have a briefing before the lab. Next week should be a new start, and we should all try to come in on time.