We are in Week 3 of the iGEM project.
<calendar> name=IGEM:IMPERIAL/2007/Calendar date = 2007/08/01 view=threemonths format=%name/%year-%month-%day weekstart=7 </calendar>
Most recent tasks to be undertaken:
- Post Cell-free schedule on wiki
- Start creating labbook interface - one interface partitioned into 4 elements: one for each project aspect: Cell-free, HRP, CBD & Biofilm
- Reorganize projects page, sifting data into 3 sections namely:
Access to labs/Experimentation
A concise record of possible hazardous procedures/materials employed, during the course of laboratory work, needs to be created and sent to Mr Dave Featherbe
- Timetable of proposed tasks was created. See calendar section
- Propose to have researcher give talk about vesicle formation?
The following issues were considered:
- Change of reporter system from that utilizing luciferase to that utilizing beta-galactosidase
- Crucial: increase stability of reporter system and ensure that it performs an accumulative task
- Look further into viable promoters to be used
- In light of the above, it was proposed that short talks, concerning possible promoters & reporters, be incorporated into the Journal Club scheme
- Further reading/research is required to increase knowledge of this system
- Reporter system employed: for test purposes initially GRP or RFP - to ensure functioning of system as whole. As confidence in system grows, a more effective reporter mechanism can be introduced e.g. luciferase
- The required constructs were ordered
- Determine, by the end of Friday, final 3 configurations of HRP system to pursue
It was determined, that the journal club be brought to life, on Monday, 30 July 2007. Two journals are to be presented: one on the cell-free system; another, on a reporter mechanism.