We are in Week 2 of the iGEM project.
<calendar> name=IGEM:IMPERIAL/2007/Calendar date = 2007/08/01 view=threemonths format=%name/%year-%month-%day weekstart=7 </calendar>
Continue expanding list of new HRP literature
Continue characterization of HRP
Expand on contingency ideas (propose 3rd project)
Expand on HRP application ideas
Develop outlines of proposal presentations for Monday
Discuss proposal for database of experiments
Discuss considerations raised during Thursday's debriefing:
- Currently proposed receptor: for Glucose-6-P. Receptor available for glucose?
- Nature of signal required to secrete insulin - pulse or other?
- Will this plasma-based enzyme system lead to clumping (due to hydrophobicity) - efficiency issues
- Look into alternative enzyme system which could be located intracellularly
- Investigate actual thermogenic reaction - will the reaction catalyzed actually produce heat? Literature based?
Presentation/Discussion of Ideas
1. pH sensor (new)
- Effects of environmental pH on
- cell growth
- induction of Pcad
- Time-scale of operation
Currently proposed system takes approximately 7 hours to reach steady-state. Look into faster/better pH sensing system
- Possibility of incorporating a control system for pH
2. Thermosensing-Thermogenic system
- Check genebank for sequence of J45503?
- Possibility for implementation of ATC?
- Time scale. Propose different mechanism to accelerate this function
- Incorporation of cold-shock element
- Look into exploitable endothermic reactions
- Range of operation (currently 30-37 degrees Celsius). Look into extension of range
3. Biofilms (new)
- Adhesion mechanics - pili, fimbrae, other?
- A indirect method for measuring PoPS in/out was proposed, using a GFP/RFP system. This was discussed with Frank.
- The experiments, including equipment to be used, required were also discussed with Frank
- Continue expanding on literature related to HRP
- Research the strength of repression offerred by HrpV
- Leakiness of promoters involved in HRP system?
- Look into relevant parameters involved in characterization
- Look into available programs, including CellDesigner
- Look into stochastic pi-calculus?
- Start drawing model involved in HRP characterization, e.g. relation of PoPS IN/OUT to [GFP]/[RFP], etc.
- Details of presentations taking place on Monday were discussed