IGEM:Hong Kong HKUST/June 30
From 5p.m. to 8:20p.m.
Attendance: Xiuye, Qing, Jinyu, Winnie, Guangnan, Carmen, Jiahui, Tony, Wisely, Jingjing, Penny, Sung Hoi, Gladys, Vivian and King.
After voting, we decided to use Guangnan's proposal. Probably we will focus on Part 1 (Randomizer) and Part 3 (Spatial Oscillator) first.
Criteria for selecting proposals: extensible, interesting, originality, innovative, involvement of every group-mate, applicable…
- Spatial Oscillator
- Good points: extensible, applicable
- Shortcomings: too complicated
His proposal is ready in the following link: File:Guangnan's Proposal.doc
- Spots and Stripes: National Flag of America
- Digital Display
- Good points: simple, easy to construct circuits
- Shortcomings: pre-defined pattern, lack of originality
- Significance: modeling of differentiated cells
- Good points: art
- Shortcomings: not easy to control, difficult to understand how those cells work
Voted by ballot
Guangnan’s proposal won most of the votes.