- J36011 \SP + J36010 \XP
- J36012 \SP + J36010 \XP
For ligation, we use the Roche 5min quick ligase kit. Vials 2 and 1 are proprietary, but Vial 3 is generic T4 DNA ligase.
It is still unknown if a 1:3 volume ratio or a 1:3 molar ratio is ideal for ligations. I personally use the latter and would recommend that over the former. 1:1 may be good for small inserts, big vectors; we havent tested it though so we're not sure.
1.5 uL vector DNA @65.4ng/uL 3*(1600 /3750)* 98.1ng from above = 125.6 ng insert DNA @ 33.5 ng/uL = 3.75 uL 2uL 5X DNA dilution buffer 2.75uL dH20 10ul Ligation buffer 1ul ligase
1.5 uL vector DNA @60.6ng/uL 3*(1600 /3150)* 98.1ng from above = 149.5 ng insert DNA @ 33.5 ng/uL = 4.46 uL 2uL 5X DNA dilution buffer 2.04 uL dH20 10ul Ligation buffer 1ul ligase
- Make sure the reaction is 10uL!
- Also make sure the total amount of DNA does not exceed 200ng. Efficiency won't improve with that much DNA.
- USE the 5x DNA dilution buffer; do not skimp on it!
- Add 10uL tube 1, 1uL tube 3.
- Let sit at Room Temperature for 30min to 1h or longer.