BSA Templated CdS Quantum Dot synthesis and Myoglobin templated ZnS quantum dots data
CdS quantum dots were synthesized in a BSA template and fluorescence scans were run on the previously synthesized myoglobin templated ZnS quantum dots.
- A Cadmium acetate dihydrate solution was made to replace the previous stock solution of cadmium acetate anyhydrous because the cadmium acetate came out of solution and was not uniform.
- 0.666g of cadmium acetate dihydrous was dissolved in a 500mL volumetric flask. The stock solution is 5mM.
- Sample was made BSA: 0.1mM cadmium acetate, 3.125uM BSA, 10mM potassium thioacetate 5mL total
- 0.5M potassium thioacetate
- XmL= 100uL potassium thioacetate
- BSA 63.1uM
- X=0.247mL= 247uL BSA
- Cadmium Acetate 0.5M
- X= 500uL
- Volume of water= 5000uL- 100uL-247uL-500uL= 4153uL
Myoglobin templated ZnS Quantum dots
Scans taken of myoglobin templated ZnS quantum dots pH 4-10
Data Analysis: In Depth
pH 4 Selected View
pH 5 Selected View
pH 6 Selected View
pH 7 Selected View
pH 8 Selected View
pH 9 Selected View
pH 10 Selected View
Since the myoglobin templated CdS quantum dots did not appear to have fully formed after stirring for one day, scans were only taken after stirring for 7 days.