Homogenization and Solubilization of RASSLs
1. Place 1 ml of homogenization buffer in a round bottom 14 ml tube.
2. Transfer the frozen tissue into the 14 ml tube. Homogenize using a homogenizer at max speed until tissue is fully ground (about 30-60 seconds).
3. Pipet the homogenate to an eppendorf tube and immediately place it on ice.
4. If the homogenate is too viscous, sonicate for 3-5 seconds.
5. Normalize samples by tissue weight and use approximately 10-50 mg of tissue for solublization.
6. Solublize each sample in an eppendorf tube using the following conditions:
* 1x SSB * 1x Triton-X 100 * 1x CompleteTM Cocktail (Protease Inhibitor, Boehringer #1697498)
x ml of homogenate (~10-50 mg tissue)
100 ml 10x SSB 100 ml 10% Triton-X 100 100 ml 10x Complete TM cocktail 1000 ml (adjust volume using ddH20)
7. Incubate for 30 min at 4°C on a rotator.
8. Spin for 5 min at 4°C at max speed.
9. Transfer supernatant to a new eppendorf tube.
Buffers Homogenization Buffer
* 50mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.4 * 1x CompleteTM Cocktail * *1mM DTT * *1mM PMSF * in dd H20
*unstable in water, therefore, use buffer within 30 min after addition of PMSF, DTT 10x CompleteTM Cocktail
* Dissolve 1 tablet (Cat# 1697498) in 5 ml H2O
* 100 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.4 * 1.5 M NaCl