From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Update for this week
- This week, post-Tuesday (final project due then) =( I will compile all of the code I have written, generalize my BLAST script from last week (if Xiaodi hasn't done that already, will consult in class Tues), and then I am free to work on other gaps the class may be having.
- Generalize BLAST script necessary
- By Thursday I will also post the code I have written to return record information from any Entrez Gene search, which may be useful - Katie and Xiaodi I believe have some use for it in their scripts.
- Talked to Xiaodi and Katie, this is made defunct with his local server search. IF that does not go to plan, then I will write this code.
- Is it worth pursuing the manual analysis of CDS data? Polyphen, which Mike is working on, should handle everything fine there
- Be able to feed Xiaodi, if needed, the CDS region or gID which he will grab a genbank record from
- Work with Denis Resmi and Cynthia to input a string of mesh terms and return an object of prevalance, CDC ID, and "dictionary name" which Tiffany et al. need