From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Formaldehyde is often used as a fixative and as a cross-linker. It cross links proteins to DNA (and proteins to proteins) which makes it usefull for Chromatine Immuno Precipitation experiments. It is also used for denaturing Agarosegels for RNA.
- Where can this material be obtained?
- The highest conzentration avalible is 37%.
- Formaldehyde is cancerogenic. Handle with care and gloves.
- Any papers or websites that are relevant to the use of this material