<owwmenu font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif" bold="1"
color="White" bgcolor="gray" hovercolor=#FF9933
bghovercolor="black" topfontsize="7" fontSize="7" pagewidth="750"
Internal=Internal, Protocols=Protocols, Chemical Inventory=Inventory
Protocol for the preparation of lysogeny broth
- Pure water
- LB powder
- Agar (if making dishes)
- Antibiotic stock (if appropriate)
- Weigh out 20g of LB powder and place in a clean 1L bottle
- Add 18g of agar (only if making semi-solid media in dishes)
- Fill to 1L with pure water
- Autoclave solution for 15 minutes on "liquids cycle"
- Add appropriate antibiotic to LB once it has cooled
- Pour liquid media before it starts to set - cover bottom of dish & just a bit more
- Label each dish with LB, antibiotic (include concentration if different from standard), date and initials
- Store in refrigerator within plastic sleeve