Jump to navigationJump to search
- The work should be conducted in the right chemical hood
- Make sure that the hood is clean and empty before starting and make sure to leave the hood clean and empty when you finish
- Analytical balance
- Heating sleeves
- Soxhlet system
- Condensation system (with ice!!!)
- 250 ml flask
- 50 ml chemical glass
- Weight approx. 1 gr of material and paper.
- Create a sleeve and measure the weight of the sleeve (sample+paper+clips) - write the sample number on the sleeve
- Weight the flask and write the sample number on the flask
- Connect the soxhlet system. Poor 120 ml of Hexan and start cooling system.
- Start the heating (make sure it is not bubbling too much)
- At this point the evaporator can be connected (water at 40 degrees celsius)
- After one hour and a half ,disconnect the soxhlet, cool down the flask and evaporate the hexan.
- After complete evaporation - weight the falsk
- the sleeve should by dried in in 105 degrees celsius and weighted again.