Return to Endy lab internet
The Graceful Exit
Here is the check list for winding up work in the lab
- Notebooks shall be archived in the lab.
- Meet with Drew about experimental work to remain in the lab and what will move with you.
- Make sure to document all strains, plasmids, and other significant experimental items that are remaining in the lab, along with their locations in refrigerators and freezers.
- Prepare and pack items that are moving with you and arrange shipping of temperature sensitive items.
- Make sure to donate or dispose of all buffers and reagents.
- Appropriately dispose of plates and cultures that are not remaining or moving with you.
- Clean out your refrigerator area of extraneous items.
- Clean out your freezer area of extraneous items.
- Check all drawers in your bench for items to dispose of.
- Check all drawers and files at your desk and clean up appropriately.
- Touch base with Julie when you have completed everything.
- Check with Christine for Stanford documentation that you need to follow up with.
- Check with Julie on your final day, so she may have your building access updated.
- Confirm with Drew that both Christine and Julie have signed off on your exit.