Back to Endy lab E coli strains
- Strain: W3110(λ857S7)
- Genotype: See CGSC#4474 for the genotype of W3110
- Phenotype/Notes: This strain harbors a lambda prophage, with the cI857 mutation, and an amber mutation in the S gene.
- Date: 12/2005
- Experimenter: Francois St-Pierre
- Strain obtained from: Generous gift from Prof. Amos Oppenheim.
- Stock preparation: The strain was received as an agar plate. The plate was incubated at 30C until colonies where clearly visible. A single colony was grown in LB at 30C to OD600 = 2.4. Glycerol stocks were made by mixing 1ml of culture with 1ml of 40% glycerol, vortexing, and storing at -85C.
- Physical location of the stock:
- Lab stocks: none
- Francois St-Pierre's stocks: 2 vials in box "Francois's Ecoli 1" (as of 12/2005). #ID = FSP B8