Endy:STN Chemostat Design
This is a flexible design for building a chemostat from off-the-shelf parts. The number of chemostat chambers and the culture volume per chamber are adjustable.
Also see Endy:Chemostat for an alternative chemostat chamber design and additional info on running chemostats.
This page is in progress
- Circulating Water Bath
- Peristaltic pump
- L/S peristaltic pump from Cole Parmer. Which pump, specifically?
- Bubbler (Acquarium bubbler)
- 1L flasks. Need one per type of media to be used in the chemostat, plus one or more to collect the effluent.
- Rubber caps for 1L flasks with two drilled holes
- Glass tubing
- 25mm glass test tubes, one per chemostat chamber
- Silicone tubing
- Connectors, various, specify
- Three-way stopcock
- Cole Parmer luer fittings, chrome-plated brass three-way stopcock
- Needles, 2 per chamber
- 18 gauge deflected point non-coring septum penetration needles (Popper).
- Tube Rack (to hold the chemostat chambers upright in the water bath)
- USA Scientific
- Syringes, to innoculate and sample from chemostat