Endy:Making 1% Agarose stock
- Add 500mL 1X TAE to a 1L conical flask.
1X TAE can be found in 564D above the sink. See Sri if it is empty.
- Due to our usage rate it makes sense to prepare 2-3 of these at a time.
- Measure out 5 g of Agarose (not low melting point Agarose or Agar).
Agarose is on the chemicals shelf outside 558D.
- Add the Agarose to the TAE buffer and swirl to mix.
- Microwave flask on high until the gel starts to bubble and is transparent.
- 8 mins at 100% with some shaking after 3mins seems to be perfect for two flasks in the Endy/Sauer microwave
- Never put aluminium foil in the microwave!
- Label and store in the Peltier incubator in 564D.