Eigencluster: How to use a wiki
Thanks for helping to develop our Eigencluster wiki!
Here are a few quick thoughts to help orient you to our new wiki space:
- The wiki is essentially a set of linked pages that everyone can edit for ease of information sharing.
- Each of our Eigencluster pages has a name of the format:
- To edit a page, click on the "edit" tab at the top of the page of interest. This will take you to a text box where you can edit the page.
- To link to an existing page (e.g. the Eigencluster hompage), just add the following text:
- To make a new page, simply make a link to your new page in an existing page. Page links look like this:
- If you want to link to a page (e.g. Eigencluster: The Team) but have the link name look different than the page name (e.g. Team Members), you can write the following:
[[Eigencluster: The Team| Team Members]]
- To make a word bold, add three apostrophes on each side of the word, as shown here:
- To make something italic, add two apostrophes on each side of the word, as shown here:
- To add an html link, use the following format:
- To add an file (e.g. Schedule.doc) to a page (e.g. Eigencluster: Foo), do the following:
- Click on the "upload file" link in the left hand toolbar
- Follow instructions. Be sure to click on the public disclosure box.
- In page Eigencluster: Foo, add the following code:
With these few tricks, you should be able to do just about everything you'll need to do. For more information, try out the help link on the left navigation bar.