Sending a courier pack
- Determine the correct account number to be charged.
- Note: If receiver is paying be sure to confirm that the account number and account details match.
- Email Lynne at <email@example.com> with the following information:
- Domestic or International.
- Size. Important if over 0.5 kg.
- All receiver information. This is needed so that a commercial invoice may be produced.
- The account number to be charged or receivers account number.
- Pick up a consignment note and courier pack from Lynne's office.
- Be sure to get the correct, Domestic or International consignment note.
- Ask Lynne to call the appropriate courier company and order a pick-up.
- If Lynne is not availible than ring the courier yourself.
- If ringing TNT the customer number is obtainable someone in the group.
- If not using TNT than be sure to have an order number.
- Print out 3 signed copies of a declaration.
- Take the courier pack down to reception.
- It's a good idea to contact the receiver to advise them that the goods are coming.
FedEx Instructions from Lynne
When sending a FEDEX parcel the following may be required . Package contains Reagents Please advise that in order to get these goods cleared with Australian Quarantine: 3 signed copies of the shippers declaration is required from yourself to state the following information;
- Declaration needs to state a specifically what these goods are.
- Stating the ingredients or components. Example Plant, animal, chemical etc
- Needs to state if there is any biological content , if so ;
a What is the commodity . Example , DNA , antibodies, cell lines etc b What is the origin. Example, human, rodent, rabbit etc c needs to state if the goods are imported in less than 20ml or 20gr for each individually packaged unit. d please state if they are infectious or not.
- If goods are not biological, a declaration is required stating if they are synthetic or chemical and there is no biological content.
- The end use
Please advise the above declaration needs to be on the shippers company letter head Dated and signed with the FedEx Air Waybill Number : eg 854060033640 Import Permit may be required depending on the contents of the declaration