From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- To digest (Adeno) methylated GATC sites. Useful for removing cell-derived plasmid template from PCR samples.
- Can be ordered from NEB.
- Typically stored at -20°C.
- Use in NEBuffer 4. However, can be added directly to PCR sample.
- Incubate at 37°C.
- Heat inactivate by incubating at 80°C for 20 minutes.
- DpnI cleaves hemi-adenomethylated dam sites 60X more slowly than fully methylated. NEB FAQ
- Plasmids derived from Dam+ E.coli strains will be a substrate
- None known.