Dixon's AP Bio Summer Assignment
Ecology “Testing” Project
Assignment: We will be handling most of the evolution section of the course outside of class. At the same time, you will investigate how to construct an AP exam. For this assignment, you will work alone and complete the following:
1. Read and take notes/objectives from chapters 50-55 this summer.
2. Create an ecology unit AP exam consisting of 48 multiple-choice questions (about 8 from each chapter) and 6 essays (1 from each chapter). Each multiple-choice question should have 5 choices. The review questions at the end of each chapter or those in an AP Bio review book are a good approximation of “AP caliber” questions.
3. You must provide an answer key for the exam. In your answers for the essays, you must indicate how many points each part of the answer is worth so that partial credit may be given. Each essay should be worth 20 points.
4. About one half of the multiple-choice questions must be based on the interpretation of diagrams or data. There must be at least 6 sets of these questions. You may copy diagrams from your book or other sources.
5. Following the due date for this assignment, you may take a teacher generated evolution test.
Value: Each set of chapter questions/outlines is worth 10 points (total 60 points). The exam you make up is worth 140 points.
Due Date: The outline/objectives are due the fifth class after our return. The exam is due the seventh class after our return next year.
Note: This is individual work. Do not cut up the assignment to share workload. Do not copy questions from other courses or the internet. You will not learn.
Grading: An “A” assignment will look like: