Welcome to the Datye lab wiki!
The catalysis group is led by Abhaya K. Datye, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Director of CMEM. Current research in our group includes:
- understanding at a nanoscale level the activity and selectivity of Pd-Zn catalysts for the steam reforming of alcohols, specifically methanol
- controlling the size of surfactant-protected colloidal Pd nanoparticles
- understanding the phenomena that leads to sintering of metal nanoparticles and loss of metal surface area
- investigating the role of pore structure in the sintering of metal nanoparticles for CO oxidation
- synthesizing high surface area Pt-Ru electrocatalysts for direct methanol fuel cells
National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Energy and United States Army Research Laboratory under the Collaborative Technology Alliance Program, NSF Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCOR) Nanoscience Initiative, National Nanotechnology Infrastructure Network (NNIN), Integrative Graduate Education and Research Training (IGERT), Toyota Corporation.