From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
DNA Sequencing of miniprep DNA plasmid product at the University of Minnesota BioMedical Genomics Center.
- 5 μL miniprep plasmid DNA product
- 4 μL H2O
- 3 μL 2μM sequencing primer
- Combine components into a 1.5 mL tube. Label tubes XYZ1, XYZ2, ..., where XYZ are your initials.
- Fill out and print the DNA sequencing form for individual tubes. Order details - Template: plasmid, Template mass: 500 ng, Template length: <length of plasmid>, Sequencing option: Sanger classic, Hardcopies: no hardcopies.
- Place the sample tubes and form into a plastic bag.
- Deposit at a BMGC sequencing drop off site.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
or instead, discuss this protocol.
- SC 16:33, 25 June 2012 (EDT):