Circular Dichroism Spectrometer
Rules and Guidelines
1. New user MUST be trained by the captain or present users
CD User Instructions
A. Beginning the Run
1. Check Oxygen indicator (Contact the captain if the resin is brown).
2. Turn on nitrogen flow. FLUSH SYSTEM FOR AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE CONTINUING. Do not alter the regulator setting.
3. After 10 minutes, turn on recirculating water bath and lamp power.
4. When the “Lamp Ready” light appears, press the “Fire Lamp” button.
5. Write your name, the date, and the lamp hours in the log book.
6. Allow the instrument to warm up for at least 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, turn on the CPU with the main switch on the front of the instrument.
8. Using Alt-F6 to set the wavelength, record in the DV binder the dynode voltage at 500, 400, 300, 200, 195, 190 and 185 nanometers.
B. Ending the Run
1. Save files after each run to a 3.5” IBM formatted floppy disk. DO NOT SAVE IT TO THE HARD DISK.
2. Turn off the CPU.
3. Record the lamp hours in the log book and include any comments on your usage.
4. Turn off the lamp using the main switch on the front of the instrument.
5. ALLOW THE NITROGEN AND THE WATER BATH TO FLOW FOR ANOTHER 10 MINUTES.
6. Turn off the circulating water bath.
7. Close the tank valve on the nitrogen tank. Do not alter the regulator setting.
FULL MANUAL: File:Aviv Instruction Manual.pdf
SOFTWARE MANUAL: File:B. Software Manual.pdf
SOFTWARE COMMANDS: File:Software Commands.pdf
--Jessica Metzger 14:42, 9 September 2010 (EDT)