Chemical structures drawing software
- Avogadro free 3D cross-platform chemical drawing software
- Comment: I had some stability issues w v1.0.3 on OS X but found the software very useful overall. The peptide inserter is a very nice feature. No 2D drawing.
- MarvinSketch free*, mostly 2D chemical drawing software; *educational, also commercial version (Win/Unix/Mac)
- Comment: very clean 2D drawing software; structure validation is very useful; specialized features like stereochemistry, complexes, radical, isotopes..; free academic and paid version; v5.10 as of 7/2012.
- ACD/ChemSketch (Win/Linux with emulator) freeware & commercial
- Accelrys Draw (Win only) no-fee educational version & commercial
- ISIS/Draw no longer available
- successor Symyx, already itself superceded by Accelrys Draw
- XDrawChem free 2D drawing software (Win/Unix/Mac)
- Comment: simple yet neat little online tool to draw chemical structures
- thorough comparison of chemical drawing software by Tamas Gunda (last updated 2011)
- overview of chemical informatics toolkits by Abhishek Tiwari
- broader comparison of chemical writing, drawing and viewing software by Bob Bruner (last updated 2011)
- short list of software with a brief description
- chemical drawing software list in the Wikipedia