Centrifuge, Ultra, full size
Rules and Guidelines
1. New user MUST be trained by the captain or present users
2. Must log user info prior to run.
1. Insure OverSpeed disc on the bottom of your rotor is intact and clean
2. Balance samples properly (ideally with .01g )
a) If using swinging buckets be sure to balance sample+bucket as buckets have small amounts of variability.
3. Insure rotor is firmly attached to spindle before starting run.
4. Check all O-rings on rotor/bucket caps
1. Log your run in log book.
2. Rinse out bucket or rotor with DI water and dry with kimwipes
3. Spray 70% EtOH on Kimwipe and clean inside of centrifuge.
4. Before machine off insure well is dry, then pull a vacuum for ~30 seconds
5. Always leave lid of centrifuge closed to prevent dust build up
1. If screw-caps are difficult to thread, add a small amount of spincoat to the threads and rub in with a gloved finger.
Website Rotor Info: http://www.beckmancoulter.com/Literature/BioResearch/BR-8101J-2.pdf
FOR REPAIRS PLEASE CONTACT CAPTAIN OR JESSICA METZGER, B481