--Dineka Khurmi 08:57, 2 September 2009 (EDT)
WEDSDAY JOB LIST
- WaaL - Gel extraction - Run on gel with vector AK3 - Ligation
- Harvard BB - Gel extraction - Run on gel with GFP - Ligation
- CRP1 (vector) - Gel extraction - Run on gel with GFP - Ligation
- Miniprep cellulase - Digestion - Run on a gel
- Midiprep RFP I13507 (small culture)
- Dirty ligation RBS + AK3 - Transformation
- Pick culture colonies - grow 5ml
- Make agar for Amp/Kan plates and LB media (send to autoclave)
David Roche 05:55, 2 September 2009 (EDT)
AM : Ran a gel with the WaaL pcr products that were digested overnight. 20ul against the ladder
Updated wiki and BioBrick registry
- James Field 16:17, 2 September 2009 (EDT):
- Checked transformed plates from yesterday - only OtsA and Ots B had colonies (1 or 2 each). Positive control worked indicating that the ligation was
responsible for poor results.
- Did a mini Prep on the Edinburgh cellulases:
- Went through and made corrections to SLIC primers for Construct 9.
- Did Restriction digest on the Edinburgh cellulases and ran on gel. This indictated that the miniprep had been successful.
- Plated OtsA and OtsB colonies from the Ak3+insert ligation plates (see AM for more details). Also kicked off a starter culture for a mini prep for these colonies which will be conducted tomorrow.
- I transformed cells with the RBS + AK3 construct and plated out - will see results tomorrow following overnight incubation.
- Innoculated media (200ml LB) for overnight incubation for tomorrow's midi on: