CRI nanodrop users guide
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
This SOP is a how to use guide for the analysis of DNA, RNA and Primer concentration using the Nanodrop ND-100.
- P2 Single Channel Pipette
- ART 10 Reach sterile pipette tips
- Sterile de-ionised water
- Blue paper towel
- Samples for concentration testing.
- Nanodrop ND-100 Spectrophotometer connected to PC with correct Software.
For DNA / Primer concentrations:
- Log onto Nanodrop PC using your user name and password.
- Open Nanodrop 3.0.0 by double clicking on the Nanodrop 3.0.0 icon on the desktop.
- Click on “Nucleic Acid Measurement” button.
- Using the blue paper towel, gently wipe both parts of the electrode.
- Load a fresh tip onto the pipette as specified in JGLSOP32
- Set the dispensing volume to 1µl
- Draw up 1µl of sterile de-ionised water and dispense onto the bottom electrode of the Nanodrop.
- Eject tip into yellow hazardous container after use.
- Lower the top arm down into position.
- Click “ok” button to initialize the spectrophotometer.
- Once complete, raise the arm and wipe both electrodes again with blue roll.
- Repeat steps 6 to 9 again.
- Click “Blank” button.
- Clean both electrodes again, using a fresh piece of blue paper towel.
- Ensure Sample Type box is set to DNA-50 for all DNA concentrations. If not, change using drop down menu. (For Primer concentrations, select “other” and change constant to “33”)
- Using a fresh tip, load pipette with sample (1µl) and dispense onto electrodes.
- Lower top arm.
- Click “Measure” button (located at the top left hand corner of the screen)
- Record Value (ng/µl) displayed at the bottom right hand side of the Nanodrop user screen.
- Raise arm and clean electrodes using fresh piece of blue paper towel.
- Repeat steps 16 to 20 until the required number of samples have been analysed.
- Click on “Exit” button to leave program.
- Click “Exit” again to return to the desktop.