From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Patrick Gildea & Dan Tarjan project overview and part design
- Project Ideas
- Double Repressilator with different transcriptional rates regulated by a toggle switch
- Metabolic engineering of E.Coli or Yeast to manufacture spider silk (gossamar) fiber
- Neurotransmitters as messengers between non-neuron cells
- Negative feed-back switch
- Cancer inhibitor that replaces invasin as a mode of attacking cancerous cells via inhibiting critical pathways in cancerous tumors that results in apoptosis of the tumor
- Synthetic Organelle: Make a membrane bound region in which a controlled environment can exist. Would need to be able to control membrane proteins present.
- Manufacture of Antibodies in E. Coli or Yeast
- Orphan Drugs - to be listed...
- Zevalin: monoclonal antibody
- Lopinavir: protease inhibitor?
- Cerezyme: imiglucerase?
- 2 Projects in Detail:
- Cadherin cell adhesion hooks