Bitan:HFIP film preparation
Preparation of HFIP film for Aβ sample
1) In the hood place HFIP on ice and allow to cool, or just put it in freezer for 10 min. Also it is better to cool down all the tubes you will use.
2) Add cold HFIP to lyophilized peptide (200ug/40uL). Be quickly, because the HFIP will evaporate very fast.
3) Incubate at RT for 30 min. Some peptides may require 5 min of sonication for dissolution.
4) If you need divide the sample solution, cool down the tubes again and divide 10 uL per PCR tube or regular tube, leaving tubes open for several hours or overnight to evaporate most of HFIP. You'd better cover the tubes with a piece of kimwipe tissue paper to prevent the dust.
5) Speed vacuuming.
6) Para film closed at -20 degree to store. Good for a few months.