From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
This page is a list of some of the big unsolved questions in biology. Add or comment as you please.
- How did life start?
- Why and how did the current chemistry emerge?
- What is the nature of consciousness?
- Why do we sleep?
- Why do we have sex?
- More generally, why 2 sexes and not 1, 3, 4, etc.
- Why do we age?
- How can we predict protein folding?
- How about the reverse folding problem (designing a protein with a given fold)?
- What do the bases in the human genome mean?