Berglund: Tequila Chicken
Tequila Chicken- I can't claim I came up with it, I found it on a website about 8 years ago.
- 1lb spinach Fettuccine, uncooked
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp gold tequila
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast, diced 3/4 inch
- 1/2 med red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 med red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 med yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 med green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Saute cilantro, garlic and jalapeño in 2 tbsp. butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a pastelike consistency. Set aside.
- Pour soy sauce over diced chicken.
- Marinate for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally, with remaining butter over medium heat until wilted.
- Add chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime paste and cream. Bring to a boil, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Toss with hot pasta and serve immediately.
- Courtesy of the National Pasta Organization - www.ilovepasta.org