A Causal Inference Model for the McGurk Effect
View the stimuli
- Example stimuli can be view on the CI Stimuli page
- Install GNU R
- Download the Code File and Data
- Extract the zip file to your Desktop/ or other preferred location
We need to ensure R can find the data and code files
1. The main file is mcgurk_causal_inference.R
2. Set the path to be the location of the downloaded files. If you extracted the code pack to your desktop, the path may already be correct
3. Run the code as needed to reproduce the graphs
4. Changing values in mcgurk_causal_inference_constants.R will change model predictions
5. There is a code file in the data/ folder that analyzes the behavioral data.
If you run into trouble with any step, please contact me: john dot magnotti at gmail dot com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
If you find this code useful, please cite our work:
Magnotti JF and Beauchamp MS (in press). Causal Inference Explains Perception of the McGurk Effect and Other Incongruent Audiovisual Speech. PLOS Computational Biology