BME100 f2018:Group8 T1030 L6
|BME 100 Fall 2018|| Home |
Lab Write-Up 1 | Lab Write-Up 2 | Lab Write-Up 3
Lab Write-Up 4 | Lab Write-Up 5 | Lab Write-Up 6
Course Logistics For Instructors
Wiki Editing Help
Our Brand Name
LAB 6 WRITE-UP
Overview of the Original Diagnosis System
There were 17 teams of 4-5 students each, and we diagnosed 34 patients total. For each patient, we had three replicates. In order to further prevent error, we used positive and negative controls, in order to compare them to our patients. Our ImageJ calibration controls were used to ensure that ImageJ was working properly and would provide accurate results for our patients. Using three images per patient allowed us to ensure that the ImageJ images were accurate. There were a few inconclusive test results from the experiment; however, the inconclusive test results did not affect the conclusion of the PCR test. As a result of the inconclusive test results, there were inconclusive diagnoses for the patients. There was blank data for Group 1, which may have skewed the test results. We also encountered problems when micropipetting the soultions into the vials. This may have caused a mistake in our data and therefore cause a mistake in the class data.
Intro to Computer-Aided Design
We chose this design because we had difficulties with stacking the cartons and positioning the phone to make the light box high enough for us to capture pictures. We decided to solve this problem by adding a hinged phone stand attached to the lightbox itself, and an adjustable tripod stand also attached to the lightbox.
Feature 1: Consumables
Feature 2: Hardware - PCR Machine & Fluorimeter