From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
This journal entry is due on Monday, April 19 at midnight PST (Sunday night/Monday morning). NOTE that the server records the time as Eastern Standard Time (EST). Therefore, midnight will register as 03:00.
Individual Journal Assignment
- Store this journal entry as "username Week 12" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- Create the following set of links. (HINT: you can do all of this easily by adding them to your template and then using the template on your pages.)
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from your journal entry to your user page.
- Link to this assignment from your journal entry.
- Don't forget to add the "BIOL398-01/S10" category to the end of your wiki page.
- Store your journal entry in the shared BIOL398-01/S10:Class Journal Week 12 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to the shared journal entry from your user page.
- Link the shared journal page to this assignment page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL398-01/S10" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
Answer these questions on the shared page:
- What was the purpose of this assignment?
- What did I learn from this assignment (head, hands, heart)?
- What did I not understand (yet) about this assignment?
Electronic Lab Notebook
Complete your electronic notebook containing your methods, results, and interpretations of your assigned part of the DNA Microarray project in your username Week 12 journal page. Although you will have assigned partner(s), you will need to fill out your own individual journal page.
- Perform the calculations on your groups DNA microarray dataset.
- Upload your completed Excel spreadsheet to your individual journal page.
- Keep an online laboratory notebook describing the manipulations you made on your individual journal page. HINT: you can copy and paste the protocol, and then edit it to reflect what you did.