From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Some pages designed to help students become familiar with OpenWetWare.
- Introductory tutorial to OpenWetWare
- An introduction to the basics of using OpenWetWare
- Using OpenWetWare
- Why and how to use OpenWetWare in this course
- Guidelines for editing OpenWetWare
- Some basic guidelines for editing OpenWetWare
- General OpenWetware introductory tutorial
- OpenWetWare help pages
- Dahlquist Lab Wiki Checklist
- Converting Excel tables into wiki formatting
Tips & Tricks
Please feel free to add any tips and tricks you have learned so the whole class can benefit from your knowledge.
- Making a screenshot smaller: This may not be the most technical way, but it gets the job done. After the image you insert into the Edit page, add "thumb|upright=3.0". This command makes the image at thumbnail, then adjusts the thumbnail to a different size. For images you want to be wider, use a number greater than 1, for more vertical images, use a number less than 1. You can also center the image by using the "|center" command (Example: [[Image:This is an example.jpg|thumb|center|upright=2.5]]
- To take a screen shot, press
Print Scrntogether. The contents of the active window will be saved on your clipboard. You may then paste into a graphics program (like Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft PowerPoint) and save the file.
Other Useful Links
- LMU Library Guide for Biology 478 (but also useful for this class)