Second Order Binding (of two things)
- A physical interaction between molecules A and B.
- A system that contains some initial concentration of molecules A and B ( and , respectively).
- Compute the steady state concentrations of free A, free B, and the A:B complex.
- Write differential equation for change in A:B over time.
- Solve equation at steady state (that is, no change in concentration of the A:B complex.
- Solve for , the dissociation constant.
- Note constraints on system due to conservation of mass.
- Note system of three unknowns with three equations (1-3 above)! Solve for unknowns A, B, and A:B (takes you through a quadratic).