AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment/UV1800 Shimadzu
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
- Shimadzu UV-100
- This is a 1nm resolution, compact spectrophotometer that measures absorbance and transmittance in the ultraviolet and visible range of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Purpose of use
- How does this instrument work?
- What can this instrument be used for?
- Beeghly 207
- American University
- Washington, DC
- access to the laboratory is restricted; see Dr. Miller, Dr. Hartings or Dr. Fox for access.
- How does one use this instrument.
- Include any relevant links to OWW protocols
- Include any relevant links to the manufacturer's protocols
- Note to users: you may note any troubleshooting or log your use on the talk page.
- Are there any safety considerations for this instrument?
- Wavelength range: 190 to 1100nm
- Spectral bandwidth: 1nm (190 to 1100nm)
- Wavelength accuracy: ±0.1nm @ 656.1nm D2 and ±0.3nm (190 to 1100nm)
- Wavelength repeatability: ±0.1nm
- Photometric system: Double Beam
- Photometric range: Absorbance: -4 to 4 Abs and Transmittance: 0% to 400%
- Photometric accuracy: ±0.002 Abs (0.5Abs), ±0.004 Abs (1.0Abs), ±0.006 Abs (2.0Abs)
- Photometric repeatability : less than ±0.001 Abs (0.5Abs), less than ±0.001 Abs (1Abs), less than ±0.003 Abs (2.0Abs)
- Baseline stability: less than 0.0003 Abs/H @700nm (one hour after light source turned ON)
- Baseline flatness: within ±0.0006 Abs (190 to 1100nm,one hour after light source turned ON)
- Noise level: within 0.00005 Abs RMS value (@700nm)
- Dimensions (W×D×H): 450(W) x 490(D) x 270(H) and Weight is 15kg
- Memory: USB memory, Saved as text and UVPC file
- Insert a calibration curve here.
Add any other categories that may be relevant to your page. We use categories like tags.