I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Robert Landick
- University of Wisconsin
- Dept. of Biochemistry
- 1550 Linden Dr. 5441 Microbial Sciences
- Madison, WI 53706
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Depts. of Biochemistry and Bacteriology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison on RNA polymerase stucture/function and gene regulatory mechanisms, and with colleagues in the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center on engineering new bioenergy microbes. I joined OpenWetWare to share information on microbial synthetic biology research. See my lab web site to learn more about our research on RNA polymerase. See the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center web site to learn about bioenergy research at UW.
- 1983, PhD Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan
- 1975, BS Chemistry, University of Michigan
- Structure/function of RNA polymerase
- Regulation of gene expression
- Microbial synthetic biology
- Vassylyev DG, Vassylyeva MN, Zhang J, Palangat M, Artsimovitch I, and Landick R. Structural basis for substrate loading in bacterial RNA polymerase. Nature. 2007 Jul 12;448(7150):163-8. DOI:10.1038/nature05931 |
- Toulokhonov I, Zhang J, Palangat M, and Landick R. A central role of the RNA polymerase trigger loop in active-site rearrangement during transcriptional pausing. Mol Cell. 2007 Aug 3;27(3):406-19. DOI:10.1016/j.molcel.2007.06.008 |
leave a comment about a paper here