Difference between revisions of "User:J. Antonio Ibarra"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 16:46, 26 August 2014
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- J. Antonio Ibarra
- Laboratorio de Genética Microbiana
- Departamento de MIcrobiología
- Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas
- Ciudad de México, D.F., Mexico
- firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Microbial Genetics lab at National School of Biological Sciences  at the National Polytechnic Institute or IPN. I learned about OpenWetWare from A colleague friend of mine that uses this service, and I've joined because I would like to share my techniques and at the same time take advice from the scientific community worldwide. I would also like to have a permanent place to store my protocols and techniques, one that my students and collaborators can use where ever they are.
- 2011-2012, Post doctoral Fellow at the CMMB department University of South Florida 
- 2006-2010, Post doctoral Fellow at the Rocky Mountain Laboratories (NIAID) 
- 2003, PhD in Biochemistry, Institute of Biotechnology, National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) 
- 1996, MS in Microbiology, National School of Biological Sciences, National Polytechnique Institute (IPN)
- 1993, BS in Microbiology, National School of Biological Sciences, National Polytechnique Institute (IPN)
- Molecular Genetics of Bacteria
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Gene Regulation
- Protein purification
- Ibarra JA, García-Zacarias CM, Lara-Ochoa C, Carabarin-Lima A, Tecpanecatl-Xihuitl JS, Perez-Rueda E, Martínez-Laguna Y, and Puente JL. Further characterization of functional domains of PerA, role of amino and carboxy terminal domains in DNA binding. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e56977. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0056977 |
- Ibarra JA, Pérez-Rueda E, Carroll RK, and Shaw LN. Global analysis of transcriptional regulators in Staphylococcus aureus. BMC Genomics. 2013 Feb 26;14:126. DOI:10.1186/1471-2164-14-126 |
- Gilk SD, Cockrell DC, Luterbach C, Hansen B, Knodler LA, Ibarra JA, Steele-Mortimer O, and Heinzen RA. Bacterial colonization of host cells in the absence of cholesterol. PLoS Pathog. 2013 Jan;9(1):e1003107. DOI:10.1371/journal.ppat.1003107 |
- Kolar SL, Ibarra JA, Rivera FE, Mootz JM, Davenport JE, Stevens SM, Horswill AR, and Shaw LN. Extracellular proteases are key mediators of Staphylococcus aureus virulence via the global modulation of virulence-determinant stability. Microbiologyopen. 2013 Feb;2(1):18-34. DOI:10.1002/mbo3.55 |
- Knodler LA, Ibarra JA, Pérez-Rueda E, Yip CK, and Steele-Mortimer O. Coiled-coil domains enhance the membrane association of Salmonella type III effectors. Cell Microbiol. 2011 Oct;13(10):1497-517. DOI:10.1111/j.1462-5822.2011.01635.x |
- Ibarra JA, Knodler LA, Sturdevant DE, Virtaneva K, Carmody AB, Fischer ER, Porcella SF, and Steele-Mortimer O. Induction of Salmonella pathogenicity island 1 under different growth conditions can affect Salmonella-host cell interactions in vitro. Microbiology. 2010 Apr;156(Pt 4):1120-33. DOI:10.1099/mic.0.032896-0 |
- Ibarra JA and Steele-Mortimer O. Salmonella--the ultimate insider. Salmonella virulence factors that modulate intracellular survival. Cell Microbiol. 2009 Nov;11(11):1579-86. DOI:10.1111/j.1462-5822.2009.01368.x |
- Ibarra JA, Pérez-Rueda E, Segovia L, and Puente JL. The DNA-binding domain as a functional indicator: the case of the AraC/XylS family of transcription factors. Genetica. 2008 May;133(1):65-76. DOI:10.1007/s10709-007-9185-y |
- Gauthier A, Robertson ML, Lowden M, Ibarra JA, Puente JL, and Finlay BB. Transcriptional inhibitor of virulence factors in enteropathogenic Escherichia coli. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005 Oct;49(10):4101-9. DOI:10.1128/AAC.49.10.4101-4109.2005 |
- Deng W, Puente JL, Gruenheid S, Li Y, Vallance BA, Vázquez A, Barba J, Ibarra JA, O'Donnell P, Metalnikov P, Ashman K, Lee S, Goode D, Pawson T, and Finlay BB. Dissecting virulence: systematic and functional analyses of a pathogenicity island. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004 Mar 9;101(10):3597-602. DOI:10.1073/pnas.0400326101 |
- Ibarra JA, Villalba MI, and Puente JL. Identification of the DNA binding sites of PerA, the transcriptional activator of the bfp and per operons in enteropathogenic Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2003 May;185(9):2835-47.