Transforming chemically competent cells (Inoue)
- Thaw 25 - 200 μl TB buffer cells on ice. Do not use glass tubes, which adsorb DNA.
- Add DNA, pipette gently to mix (keep volume of DNA less than 5% of the cell volume)
- Incubate on ice for 30 minutes
- Note: If you are in a rush, you can shorten this incubation time to 5-10 min.
- Incubate cells for 30 seconds at C.
- Incubate cells on ice for 2 min.
- Add 4 volumes of room temperature SOC (not critical)
- Incubate for 1 hour at
C on shaker.
- Note: Can also save some time here by reducing incubation to ~45 min.
- Note: Step can be eliminated if plating on Amp plates, but not most other antibiotics
- Spread 100-300 μl onto a plate made with appropriate antibiotic.
- Grow overnight at 37 °C.