Let's Launch! Deadline 12 p.m. (noon) Monday, August 21st
Proposal: Launch current frontpage2 after adding content to "What's New" and make minor changes later.
All In Favor, Say I
- Jennyn 11:43, 19 August 2006 (EDT)
- Maureen 12:37, 19 August 2006 (EDT) looks great.
- Reshma 13:18, 19 August 2006 (EDT)
- Sri Kosuri 20:29, 19 August 2006 (EDT)
- --Johncumbers 17:12, 20 August 2006 (EDT) -I take it all back, I just comapred the old to the new, and realised that it is only that I know where things are that I thoight it was easy to navigate, the old front page is a nightmare for new users to navigate.
- Jkm 18:04, 20 August 2006 (EDT)
- Still, I'd vote to capitalize the text under the buttons (learn more about oww -> Learn more about OWW). I think it looks more professional.
- Austin Che 00:31, 21 August 2006 (EDT)
- BC 09:16, 21 August 2006 (EDT)
- Smeister 09:21, 21 August 2006 (EDT)
Front Page 2 Discussions
- Reshma 10:11, 18 August 2006 (EDT): I actually already like this better than the other version. I think it could use a thick dark blue border around the navigation bar. (I'm a big fan of the explanations underneath the buttons ... I think it will help newcomers to the site a lot.)
- BC 15:00, 18 August 2006 (EDT):I like this a lot. The lines above and below the about paragraph aren't quite lined up with the other boxes in Firefox on OS X but I think the overall layout is great.
- Jennyn 15:04, 18 August 2006 (EDT): The dividers should line up now. However, I can't figure out how to get the left side to line up with the modules. Boo.
- Jasonk 15:17, 18 August 2006 (EDT): i like this a lot better. nice work!
- Devin 15:29, 18 August 2006 (EDT): Jenny, this is looking very nice! There are a few things, though...
- One of the strengths of the current front page is to have the mission statement just below and closely associated visually with the banner logo. You have moved it down one level and made it more stylistically distinct. It is looking a little detached and lonely in this configuration.
- The different kinds of icons in in the nav bar and the news highlights don't work well together. I like the nav bar icons because they look less like clip art, even though the clip art icons work better with the banner logo. Can the news highlights icons be updated?
- You are using a largely symmetric layout, but a lot of the design elements lend themselves to an assymetric composition. The nav bar icons, for example, could work better in a vertical stack on one side rather than two horizontal rows centered across the top.
- The margin around the video is too wide. In general, the side margins are too wide.
- Sri Kosuri 17:09, 18 August 2006 (EDT):I think the new look is great. I would be happy to see this go to the front page, with other minor fixes made later as concensus evolves.
Front Page 3 Option
- Jennyn 02:56, 19 August 2006 (EDT): Another option for a more concise navbar would be front page 3. We can use this format, the current format on Front Page 2, or use a combination of them -- current format for front page, and Front Page 3 navbar for subsequent pages. However, I'm not sure if changing the format would be the best idea. Please leave your comments on the discussion page of Front Page 3. If we like this Front Page 2, we should go ahead and launch to front page and make the minor changes later, as Sri stated.
- Reshma 09:51, 19 August 2006 (EDT): I prefer Front Page 2 over Front Page 3 but I think Devin might be right that the blurb about OWW should go above the navigation bar.
- Jennyn 10:30, 19 August 2006 (EDT): Agreed on the Front Page 2. Done on the blurb moving to the navbar.