Difference between revisions of "Satya Arjunan"
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
[http://openpolity.org/ OpenPolity.Org: Aggregating ideas from everyday Malaysians
[http://openpolity.org/ OpenPolity.Org: Aggregating ideas from everyday Malaysians.
Revision as of 15:21, 21 May 2008
I am a PhD candidate supported by the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) scholarship at the Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University. In the past, I have worked on protein secondary structure prediction and distributed parallel computing. I completed my MSc in Computer Science and BEng in Electronics Engineering at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
Currently I work on multicompartmental spatiotemporal stochastic simulation algorithm with applications in molecular systems biology. My advisor is Masaru Tomita. I am also a member of the E-Cell Project.
OpenPolity.Org: Aggregating ideas from everyday Malaysians.
- Yeo, Z. X., Wong, S. T., Arjunan, S. N. V., Piras, V., Tomita, M., Selvarajoo, K., Giuliani, A. and Tsuchiya, M. (2007). Sequential Logic Model Deciphers Dynamic Transcriptional Control of Gene Expressions. PLoS ONE 2(8): e776.
- Takahashi, K., Arjunan, S. N. V. and Tomita, M. (2005). Space in systems biology of signaling pathways – towards intracellular molecular crowding in silico. FEBS Letters 579(8): 1783-1788.
Books and Book Chapters
- Selvarajoo, K., Arjunan, S. N. V. and Tomita, M. In silico models for metabolic 'systems' engineering. In Handbook for Metabolic Pathway Engineering, Smolke, C. D., Palsson, B. and Lee, S. Y. (editors). CRC Press, San Diego. In press.
- Arjunan, S. N. V., Dhar, P. K. and Tomita, M. (editors). E-Cell System: Basic Concepts and Applications. Landes Bioscience (Georgetown, Texas) and Springer Science+Business Media (New York, N. Y.). In press.
- Arjunan, S. N. V. and Tomita, M. A 3D pole-to-pole oscillation model of MinD spiral formation on growing Escherichia coli membrane. Seventh International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2006), Yokohama, Japan.
- Arjunan, S. N. V., Kratz, A. and Tomita, M. 3D Monte Carlo stochastic simulation of bacterial division site placement on a graphics processing unit is significantly faster than conventional CPU implementation. Seventh International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2006), Yokohama, Japan.
- Arjunan, S. N. V., Yeo, Z. X., Tomita, M. and Tsuchiya, M. Cellogica: A tool to analyze and control the dynamics of cis-regulatory systems. Seventh International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2006), Yokohama, Japan.
- Arjunan, S. N. V. and Selvarajoo, K. Factoring glucokinase sequestration in silico affects glycolytic network kinetics. Seventh International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2006), Yokohama, Japan.
- Arjunan, S. N. V., Takahashi, K. and Tomita, M. (Nov 2003). Shared-Memory Multiprocessing of Gillespie's Stochastic Simulation Algorithm on E-Cell 3. Fourth International Conference on Systems Biology (ICSB 2003), St. Louis, USA.
- Takahashi, K., Sakurada, T., Kaizu, K., Kitayama, T., Arjunan, S. N. V., Ishida, T., Bereczki, G., Ito, D., Sugimoto, M., Komori, T., Seiji, O. and Tomita, M. (2003). E-Cell System Version 3: A Software Platform for Integrative Computational Biology. In Genome Informatics 2003, M. Gribskov, M. Kanehisa, S. Miyano, and T. Takagi (editors). Universal Academy Press, Tokyo. Pages: 294-295
- Arjunan, S. N. V. (March 2005). Mesoscale Simulation Approaches in Systems Biology: Recent Advances and Future Directions. Workshop on Particle Methods and Mesoscale Simulation of Liquids, Warrington, U. K.
Satya Nanda Vel Arjunan
Institute for Advanced Biosciences
14-1, Baba-cho, Tsuruoka
Yamagata, 997-0035 Japan