Objectives of the OHSU Cancer Biology Journal Club
Cross-departmental journal club composed of students, postdocs, fellows and clinical and basic science faculty with shared interest in basic principles, emerging discoveries, and new therapeutic approaches in Cancer Biology. The goals of the meetings are to:
- Critically evaluate new cutting edge literature on mechanisms underlying the development and maintenance of cancer to inform the development of new therapeutics. Papers should be paradigm shifting and set a backdrop for discussion into therapeutics facilitated by the clinical attendees.
- Provide students, postdocs and fellows with training and interactions with faculty interested in Cancer Biology and emerging therapeutics
KCI CJC Information
Want to join us? All are invited!
- go to the following web site:
- follow instructions for subscribing
- Send an e-mail to 'oncobioATohsu.edu' with your paper attached
- MacHall 2136
- Thursdays noon-1 PM
- Lunch provided by KCI
- Organizer contact information:
- Rosie Searsemail@example.com
- Charlie Lopez- firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Labs and Affiliations
Lopez Lab Hem Onc
Lloyd Lab CROET
McCullough Lab CROET
||Links & Comments
||Oncogenic PIK3CA-driven mammary tumors frequently recur via PI3K pathway–dependent and PI3K pathway–independent mechanisms
||Biomechanical Remodeling of the Microenvironment by Stromal Caveolin-1 Favors Tumor Invasion and Metastasis
||Katy Van Hook
|| Competative RNA
||A Critical Role for Noncoding 5S rRNA in Regulating Mdmx Stability. Mol Cell. 2011 Sep 16;43(6):1023-32.
||CD40 Agonists Alter Tumor Stroma and Show Efficacy Against Pancreatic Carcinoma in Mice and Humans
||science 2011 Beatty
||THANKSGIVING, NO JOURNAL CLUB
||The Eph-Receptor A7 is a Soluble Tumor Suppressor for Follicular Lymphoma
||Oricchio E et al 2011 Cell
||Chuck Pham Jr
||Efficient delivery of liposome-mediated MGMT-siRNA reinforces the cytotoxity of temozolomide in GBM-initiating cells
||Single-molecule transcript counting of stem-cell markers in the mouse intestine.
||The Metabolic Regulator ERRa, a Downstream Target of HER2/IGF-1R, as a Therapeutic Target in Breast Cancer.
||An endogenous tumour-promoting ligand of the human aryl hydrocarbon receptor
||Opitz C et al 2011 Nature
||BRCA1 RING Function Is Essential for Tumor Suppression but Dispensable for Therapy Resistance
||TAK1 Inhibition Promotes Apoptosis in KRAS-Dependent Colon Cancers
||Gordon Shore, Ph.D.
||Regulation of cell death by the Bcl-2 family member Mcl-1
||Vollum seminar, M1441
||Inhibition of BET recruitment to chromatin as an effective treatment for MLL-fusion leukaemia
||The translational landscape of mTOR signalling steers cancer initiation and metastasis
||Dynamic Reprogramming of the Kinome in Response to Targeted MEK Inhibition in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
||Metastasis of tumor cells is enhanced by downregulation of Bit1.
||bone metastasis in breast cancer through NOTCH signaling with clinical implications in NOTCH directed therapies
||A SUMOylation-Dependent Transcriptional Subprogram is Required for Myc-Driven Tumorigenesis
||Imaging Tumor-Stroma Interactions during Chemotherapy Reveals Contributions of the Microenvironment to Resistance
||Enzymatic Targeting of the Stroma Ablates Physical Barriers to Treatment of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma