From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Project name Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Constructing and Running an Agarose Gel Electrophoresis

Today we ran a Agarose gel electrophoresis to determine if we successfully extracted any DNA. We ran three different experiments, one lane contained the aqueous DNA with EcoRI restriction enzyme, another lane contained an undigested DNA, and the third lane contained the DNA with PstI restriction enzyme. Our results showed that we did have DNA but it wasn't pure enough for a PCR reaction. Therefore we decided to purify our DNA before we run a PCR reaction.