840:153g:Projects/project14/2011/11/03

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search

In today's lab, we analyzed our plasma isolation by perfoming a restriction digest and a gel electrophoresis. We used the restriction enzyme EcoRI because this enzyme is on both ends of a T-vector. We hoped that the digest would separate our DNA from the rest of the T-vector, and see different bands on the gel. The picture of the gel showed multiple bandings, which may indicate mixtures of digestion or undigested plasmids. Because the results were not as expected, we prepared the rest of our PCR product for a ligation reaction to be done on next Tuesday's lab. We will attempt to transform our new ligation reaction mixes into competent E.coli cells and see more white colony growth. We increased the amount of PCR product in the ligation in hopes to have a better outcome of cultures.

Written by Megan Hughes