6 January 2009
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Date: 6 January 2009; Time: 1400; Agenda: Biofilm formation at 1 temperature for 24hr and 48hr.
- Similar procedures carried out to grow biofilm, only that now they are left to grow at 24hr and 48hr at 37deg. 30rpm.
- Columns 1-6: M9 (Colorless) culture; Columns 7-12: LB culture
- Similar plating done to verify McFarland standards.
- This is a repeat of previously carried out trial because the absorbance results for 24hr obtained seemed unusually high (ie. much higher than that carried out for 48hr)
- Also, we repeat these 2 trials as we found that biofilm grows best at 24hr and 48hr and at 30deg and 37deg!
- We are leaving out 72hr experiments as the growth of biofilm is relatively more insignificant as compared to the other 2 growth times.