- Each factor can also be written as rates
- The effect of temperature is to multiple rates by
- An increase in temperature decreases all 3 time constants but has no effect on the final values.
- At high temperature, no action potential is seen
- There's another time constant due to capacitance in membrance
- Changes in conductances have time delay before membrane potential changes
- (membrane "RC" time constant) is about 1-2 ms.
- increase in temperature causes the wave to catch up with the wave
- As increase temperature, both approach . If waves go at same speed, cannot have action potential.