20.109(S10): old announcements
Module 2 announcements
- Module 2 report announcements
- Reverse primer info: T7 reverse priming site in pRSET, 5' CTA GTT ATT GCT CAG CGG TGG
- Forward primer info: T7 promoter site in pRSET, 5' AATACGACTC ACTATAGGGA G
- Correction to mutation info in Lecture 8
- The surprising result of E84K having increased binding affinity was due to part of my Excel sheet pointing to the wrong cells. No one else's outcome was affected. I hope you all enjoyed the discussion of why such a result might have come about anyway :)
- T/R lab, your titration data is posted on the Day 8 Talk page, should anyone want to get an early start on analysis.
- Only one student has expressed interest in OH tonight, so I will leave early if no one else shows up. AgiStachowiak 17:07, 5 April 2010 (EDT)
- W/F lab, protein gel pics are posted on the Day 6 Talk page, should you want to have a look before next time.
- T/R lab, protein gel pics are posted on the Day 6 Talk page, should you want to have a look before next time.
- W/F lab, everyone who ran overnight had bright yellow-green pellets this morning! Final OD values are posted on the Day 5 Talk page. Feel free to calculate the volumes to use for your SDS-PAGE ahead of time :)
- T/R lab, everyone had bright yellow-green pellets after overnight growth! Final OD values are posted on the Day 5 Talk page. Feel free to calculate the volumes to use for your SDS-PAGE ahead of time :)
- W/F folks, most folks have colonies today! Looking forward to seeing what they do... I will email you if you did not get colonies so we can decide how to proceed. AgiStachowiak 16:05, 18 March 2010 (EDT)
- T/R folks, everyone has colonies today! Looking forward to seeing what they do... AgiStachowiak 09:21, 17 March 2010 (EDT)
Module 1 announcements
- Reminder: M1D8 journal clubs begin at 1:30 pm (sharp!) in room 16-336.
- M1D7 binding data files for T/R are on the Day 7 "talk" page.
- Good luck on all your exams this week, everyone!
- Missing in Day 4 methods: stock concentration of DNase is 2000 U/mL.
- Reminder: Agi will be holding office hours tonight.AgiStachowiak 11:36, 1 March 2010 (EST)
- OH will be held in 16-319, moving to 16-336 if a larger space is needed. Time is 7-8 pm.
- Intro/Methods homeworks (due on Day 5) should all be graded by then if you want to pick yours up.
- M1D5 gel photos for W/F are are on the Day 5 "talk" page.
- M1D5 gel photos for T/R are are on the Day 5 "talk" page.
- Missing in Day 3 methods: final concentration of each NTP is 7 mM.
- M1D2 gel photos for both T/R and W/F are on the Day 2 "talk" page.
- Methods announcements
- The plasmid containing the aptamers is pCR2.1-TOPO from Invitrogen.
- The PCR Master Mix was purchased from 5 Prime.
- Module 1 announcements AgiStachowiak 15:33, 8 February 2010 (EST)
- Paper options for the oral presentations have been posted on the sign-up page.
- New material has been added to the laboratory report assignment description, namely guiding questions for writing your introduction.