- Present the data in a logical sequence, letting each slide build upon the last
- Include a title for each slide. The title should be the conclusion to be drawn
- Make every element of your slide visible to the entire room. This means 20 point font or greater
- Plan your slide with lists that you would read to the audience
- Put too much information on each slide. Each slide should make only one point
- Include fonts so small that you'd be inclined to say, “I know you can’t read this, but…” Everything on each slide should be legible.
- Pack the slides with extraneous information. It's OK to leave some data from the paper out