17 December 2008
From OpenWetWareJump to navigationJump to search
Date: 17 December 2008; Time: 0830; Agenda: Results of serial plating done on 16 December and sonication done on 15 December.
- Prepare overnight inoculum to grow biofilm tomorrow:
- Single loop taken from streaked petri dishes on 12/13 and suspended into 10ml LB Broth in a test tube (incubate at 37 C for 24hrs).
Results of serial plating of both sonicated biofilm (1st trial) and verification of culture concentration (trial 2):
- For sonicated biofilm: NO COLONIES at 10^-6, 10^-8, 10^-10 dilutions (Try reducing the dilution plated)
- For inoculum of biofilm:
- For LB culture at 10^-10, 10^-12, 10^-14 dilution: TOO MANY TO COUNT (Try increasing dilution plated)
- For M9 culture at 10^-10, 10^-12, 10^-14 dilution: NO COLONIES (Try reducing dilution plated or there may be something wrong with centrifuged cells)