- [12/20/2011] San Diego Union Tribune: A look into the future of genetic medicine.
- [12/9/2011] Time Magazine - Top 10 Medical Breakthroughs: Scientists use cloning to create stem cells. Link to the paper
- [6/1/2011] Genome Technology: To Map a Methylome.
- [5/27/2011] Nature Methods: Microarray, megasynthesis.
- [5/4/2011]Nearly 30 Percent of New CIRM Awards go to UC San Diego Stem Cell Researchers.
- [4/4/2011]Gene Correcting does not substantially Increase Stem Cell Mutations.
- [3/10/2011] Five more years of Nature Biotechnology research.
- [3/2/2011] Athurva & Alice's work on hiPS mutations appeared on Nature. Commentary & Press: Nature; MIT TR; SD Union Tribute; LA Times, NPR Science Friday;
- [March-2010] Genome Technology: Studying the Individual Cell[PDF].
- [March-2010] Nature Methods: Epigenome mapping in motion.
- [03/29/2009] Ida's paper on targeted methylation analysis of stem cells appeared on Nature Biotechnology. It is highlighted in NBT,NMeth, GenomeWeb.
- [10/07/2008] The Zhang lab was awarded a technology development grant from the NIH Human Microbiome Project.
- [09/30/2008] The Zhang lab received a NIH RoadMap grant to study epigenetic reprogramming in stem cells.
- [09/09/2008] Dr. "Ida" Jie Deng received a CIRM-UCSD Post-doctoral Fellowship for stem cell research.
- [12/03/2007] Prof. Zhang was profiled as one of the Rising Young Investigators by Genome Technology.
- [10/14/2007] A method for targeted exonome resequencing was published online at Nature Methods.